Business Analyst in Richmond VA
Richmond, VA 23220
Computer Resource Team is currently seeking a Business Analyst for a contracting opportunity with our client' s organization located in Richmond Virginia.
Ideal candidates will have a background that includes:
- Expanding or modifying data driven systems to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
- Conferring with users, clients and other stakeholders regarding the current nature of information processing, computation needs, systems capabilities, interface dependencies and workflow.
- Analyze information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering.
- Coordinating and linking the information technology systems within an organization to increase compatibility and shareability of business data and information.
- Researching and determining computer software or hardware needed to implement improved or upgrade existing systems.
- Assessing the usefulness of third-party, pre-developed application packages or equipment and adapt them to a user environment.
- Analyzing organizational information processing needs, planning and designing computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering.
- Defining the goals of the information systems and devising flow charts and diagrams that described logical operational steps of programs.
- Interviewing or surveying users, observing job performance to determine what information is processed and how it is processed.
- Working collaboratively with user, management and stakeholder teams to ensure agreement on system or project direction.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Experience as a business analyst or similar on projects following SDLC/Waterfall development methodology.
- Background that includes client/server as well as web development projects.
- Strong command of basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required.
- Experience working on business intelligence projects.
- Microsoft Sharepoint skills will be helpful for this position.
This position will require a bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience.
Since 1995, Computer Resource Team has been in the business of making connections for IT people. Whether you are looking for the next opportunity or trying to find the right resource for your IT project, our team is ready to go to work for you. CRT specializes in temporary contract, contract-to-hire and permanent placement IT staffing services.
CRT is an Equal Opportunity Employer— M/F/D/V.