Manual Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst in Richmond VA
Glen Allen, Virginia 23060
Computer Resource Team is currently seeking a Manual Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst for a contracting opportunity with our client' s organization located in Richmond Virginia.
Ideal candidates will have a background that includes:
- Designing test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures for custom developed business software systems.
- Documenting software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identifying, analyzing, and documenting problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Participating in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Testing system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Providing feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Identifying program deviance from standards, and suggesting modifications to ensure compliance.
- Maintaining database records of known test defects and monitor bug resolution efforts.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Critical thinker that utilizes logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service oriented person that enjoys helping people.
- Good communicator with written and oral communication skills conveying information effectively and professionally.
- Active listener able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking useful and appropriate questions.
Other Knowledge, Abilities and Skills required:
- Experience with Rational tools preferred.
- Background in financial systems testing preferred.