Technical Support Consultant (multiple) in Richmond VA
Richmond, VA 23233
Computer Resource Team is currently seeking multiple Technical Support Consultants for long-term contracting opportunities with one of our customers located in Richmond Virginia.
Ideal candidates will have a background that includes:
- Overseeing and monitoring the daily performance of computer systems and observing system functions to verify correct expected operations and detect errors.
- Installing and performing minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Responding to and answering user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Installing and setting up equipment for employee use, performing and ensuring proper installation of hardware, operating systems, and custom / off-the-shelf software.
- Maintaining records of hardware/software inventory, daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Evaluating software and hardware, and providing recommended improvements or upgrades.
- Conducting or participating in process automation studies, business continuity studies, including workflow analysis, space design, or cost comparison analysis.
- Reading / Reviewing technical manuals, or attending conferences or using other training mediums to maintain knowledge of organizational hardware and software.
- Managing remediation of major hardware or software problems or defective products with vendors or support providers.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Analytical thinker that easily determines how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Service oriented person that enjoys helping people.
- Good communicator with written and oral communication skills conveying information effectively and professionally.
- Active listener able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking useful and appropriate questions.
- Efficient time manager that manages priorities and complex tasks effectively.
Other Knowledge, Abilities and Skills required:
- Problem solving skills and communication skills required.
- Customer service background (particularly involving technology hardware/software)
- Background with mobile (Android and IOS) devices & Google Apps.
- Strong command of basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required.
At least a high school degree is required; college degree preferred.
Since 1995, Computer Resource Team has been in the business of making connections for IT people. Whether you are looking for the next opportunity or trying to find the right resource for your IT project, our team is ready to go to work for you. CRT specializes in temporary contract, contract-to-hire and permanent placement IT staffing services.
CRT is an Equal Opportunity Employer— M/F/D/V.